Operator – Trackhoe
DHM’s Heavy Equipment Operators operate a variety of construction/excavation equipment including, but not limited to, backhoes, front end loaders, skid steer loaders, track hoes, drills, graders, dozers, and heavy trucks that are used daily in construction/excavation. The Operator is responsible for working with power construction equipment to move materials, earth, and heavy objects at our construction sites. The Operator clears and grades land to prepare it for utilities, asphalt, concrete, buildings, bridges, roads, etc. This is considered a Safety Sensitive position.
- Operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Cleaning and maintenance of their machine
- Performing maintenance checks and making necessary small repairs
- Ensuring continued operations are smooth
- Perform labor tasks and other duties as needed and when assigned
- Load materials onto trucks
- Operate hand tools and other small power equipment as needed
- Operate excavation and loading equipment equipped with scoops, shovels, or buckets that dig or grade gravel, earth, sand, etc.
- No formal education is required
- 2 years of heavy equipment operation is required